About the Book
"Carla Bruni. Giorgio Armani. Luciano Pavarotti.
Giada De Laurentiis. Sophia Loren. The Leonardos (Da Vinci e DiCaprio)."
From fettucine to fashion and back again, nobody does "La Bella Vita" like the Italians. Whether preparing a meal or sculpting the David, singing an aria or seducing a lover, Italians take their time, and do it right--"adagio" In this "bellissimo" primer, Romans Aminda Leigh and Pietro Pesce show you how to achieve that sensual perfection in everything you do, leading you on a smolderingly hot journey through each of the five senses:
- Sight "(vista): " Toss the shabby, shapeless clothes and dress up Italians take meticulous care of their appearance and are "always" fashionable.
- Sound "(udito): " Act like an Italian and emphasize the positive whenever possible.
- Touch "(tatto)" Touch like all Italians do--double-kiss, hold hands, touch other people's arms, and gesticulate
- Smell "(olfatto): " Take a ride on an Italian motorbike and pay attention to the scents of your environment--the sea air, a coffee shop, a flower garden . . .
- Taste "(gusto): " Forget inhaling a heavy dinner--eat like Italians and savor a long, leisurely home-cooked meal
From fashion and film to food and language, this book is the crash course in Italian living every Italophile should indulge in, "pronto"